According to Starbucks, it starts off “sweet and fruity transforming to pleasantly sour.” You can swirl it “to reveal a color-changing spectacle of purple and pink.”
What’s in it? A grande Unicorn Frappuccino is made with whole milk and whipped cream has 410 calories, a bunch of flavored syrups and sauces (Starbucks’ Crème Frappuccino Syrup, vanilla syrup, mango syrup, classic syrup, and white chocolate mocha sauce), and the fairy powders (basically just sugar).
IT’S BASICALLY JUST SUGARY GOODNESS!
How much sugar? About one-and-a-half-times the maximum amount of added sugar that’s recommended for your body per day – or 59g (15 teaspoons) of sugar.
To put that into perspective…
• One 12-ounce can of Coca Cola has 39g of sugar.
• One Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bar has 24g of sugar.
• One Twinkie has 16.5g of sugar.
• One serving of Ben & Jerry’s Brownie Batter Core ice cream has 27g of sugar.
• One serving of Frosted Flakes has 10g of sugar.