1. You improve your concentration.
We live in a hectic world these days. Our concentration is often incredibly split between work, home, electronics, and other stimuli. When you sit down and focus on one thing, like coloring, it improves your ability to focus elsewhere.
2. You unleash your inner creativity.
Coloring inside or outside the lines does wonders to unleash your inner creativity. Adults who color are more likely to approach problems more creatively and find better solutions.
3. Your brain treats it like meditation.
When you color, the same things happen inside of your brain as when you meditate.
4. You can chill out anywhere any time.
Bored on a plane? Color. Feeling stressed at work? Color (on your break). Nothing to do at home? Color. It’s awesome. You can do it wherever.
5. You improve your motor skills.
All that coloring inside of the lines improves hand-eye coordination and your overall motor skills.
6. You release negative thoughts.
It’s like with meditation. When you color, you focus on what you’re doing and you just sort of naturally release a lot of tension and negative thinking.
7. You’ll decrease your anxiety and stress.
Coloring is the ultimate anxiety and stress relief. Spending a half hour coloring does wonders.