On a recent television show about healthy living on Russian national television, a doctor of medical science and psychiatry, Mark Sandomirsky, advised his patients to relive stress using this easy technique.
The source of stress often varies and people almost always experience it in different ways. Once the stress sets in, most people however, are left feeling uncomfortable and anxious, followed by a sensation of heaviness or even pain in parts of the body.
The first step to releasing stress is to rid yourself of the the negative emotions. Don’t bottle them up within yourself. After doing so, next is to remove the physical effects of the stress. This is where the psycho-reflexology comes into play. Our body has certain anti-stress points and all that needs to be done is simply massage these points to relieve the stress.
The ancient Chinese referred to this point as Shen Men or “The Gate of Heaven.” Shen Men is a anti-stress point that decreases stress, boosts energy flow, and strengthens the overall health of the body.
This acupressure point also reduces inflammation and can relieve pain in almost every part of the body. Massaging the Shen Men point will relieve stress and is located in the center of the upper third of the ear.
Dr Sandomirsky advice:
- Using a cotton bud press this point and gently massage it. Breathe deeply.
- Then listen to your body carefully.
- Keep breathing deeply.
- When you inhale look to the left, and on the exhale look to the right.
- You will feel how your body calms down.
- Massage this point using your fingers.
- Massage it well every time you are stressed.
- You can also repeat this technique every night before you go to bed.