Cilantro, also known as coriander is a tasty herb common in many kitchens. But, it also has a host of natural health benefits as it contains many notable plant-derived chemical compounds known for their disease preventing and health-promoting properties.
It is popular in many cuisines, as a leaf or seeds and contains a host of vital nutrients, essential oils and anti-oxidants. It has long been recognized as a natural cleansing agent for the body, and has been shown to remove heavy metals and other toxic agents ingested. This is due to the chemical compounds found in cilantro which bind to the heavy metals, freeing them from the blood, tissues or organs involved then eliminating them naturally.
This has been widely proven in people who have high levels of mercury in their bodies as a result of dentistry work, whose health has improved following the regular inclusion of cilantro over an extended period.
The oils in the leaves aid our digestive systems by stimulating the production of enzymes, acids and juices essential to our digestives tracts. It is also a rich source of minerals like magnesium, potassium, calcium, manganese and iron.
It is easy to grow and even easier to add to your daily diet, here are some are well-documented benefits of raw organic cilantro:
* Wards off urinary tract infections
* Powerful anti-inflammatory properties that may help symptoms of arthritis
* Acts to increase HDL cholesterol (the good kind), and reduces LDL cholesterol (the bad kind)
* Protective agents against bacterial infection from Salmonella in food products
* A source of iron, magnesium, and is helpful in fighting anemia
* Relief for stomach gas, prevention of flatulence and an overall digestive aid
* Helps reduce feelings of nausea
* Adds fiber to the digestive tract
* Helps promote healthy liver function
* Helps with insulin secretion and lowers blood sugar
* Disinfects and helps detoxify the body
* Gives relief for diarrhea, especially if caused by microbial or fungal infections
* Reduces minor swelling and inflammation
* Strong general antioxidant properties
* Stimulates the endocrine glands
* Contains immune-boosting properties
* Acts as an expectorant , clearing the chest of mucus with a cough
* Helps ease conjunctivitis, as well as eye-aging and macular degeneration
* Eases hormonal mood swings associated with menstruation
* Has been shown to reduce menstrual cramping
* Acts as a natural anti-septic and anti-fungal agent for skin disorders like fungal infections and eczema
Share the enormous benefits from this common herb