Silent Danger In Your Home More Toxic Than Cigarettes and Cause Respiratory Problems, Headaches and Even Cancer


Many candles have paraffin or paraffin mixture. Companies like to use it because this petroleum derivative is very cheap wax.

People who suffer from asthma may experience more respiratory problems around burning candles with paraffin. It can be really dangerous form them, just like second hand smoker.

Melted paraffin releases fumes that are similar to those of a diesel engine. They spread carcinogenic chemicals in the air. Carcinogens like benzene and toluene that are released into the air from melted paraffin and can cause headaches and lung cancer.

The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health recommends us to limit our exposure to paraffin wax vapors. Some researchers discovered that paraffin vapors cause kidney and liver tumors.

In paraffin candle wax there are around 20 toxins, like: acetone, Trichlorofluoromethane, Carbon Disulfide, 2-Butanone, Trichloroethane, Trichloroethene, Carbon Tetrachloride, Tetrachloroethene, Chlorobenzene, Ethylbenzene, Styrene, Xylene, Phenol, Cresol, Cyclopentene.

Additionally, synthetic scents and colors added to candles may lead to feeling allergic reactions.

You have to avoid scented candles like Glade and Febreeze candles and cheap “aromatherapy”.Gel candles also have petrochemicals as paraffin, but they present one more danger from their glass containers occasionally exploding.

Try to avoid cheap candles from the Dollar Store because they are usually trade in and can have lead wicks.

Here is what you can buy instead:

Soy candles

These candles replace paraffin candles, and they are very famous. Soy candles burn clean, last longer than paraffin candles and are soot-free. The negative side of these candles is they will spoil without a protection and very often they have bleach and hardeners. Soy is the most genetically modified crop in the USA.

Beeswax candles

Beeswax candles can be found in all shapes and sizes, molded and in containers.

They don’t have toxins and are soot-free. Also they don’t cause allergies, burn the brightest, burn cleaner and burn 5 times longer than paraffin candles. These candles transmit negative ions in the air when burned, stimulating the body. Beeswax candles are much more expensive than paraffin candles, but you can make them easily.

Don’t Forget To Share With Your Friends And Family On Facebook, As You Might Help Someone In Need!

Source :