One of the chronic lung conditions caused by chronic inflammation and thickening of the bronchial tubes is asthma. It is extremely serious because it can lead to suffocation. Most asthma sufferers are allergic and sensitive. It means that whenever their lungs are irritated, the muscles tighten and produce phlegm in the throat. The attacks are usually accompanied with shortness of breath, wheezing, and coughing.
People with asthma use an inhaler, which is a medical device. It helps them breathe the medicine straight into the lungs where it is needed. However, inhalers are a potential risk for additional health issues, as they contain many chemicals which are detrimental from the lungs. Interestingly, some people have managed to cure asthma by reducing the use of inhalers.
Therefore, besides consuming carrot juice, you need to make some changes into your daily diet.
Here is the recommended portion of asthma-friendly foods:
– ¼ of a pineapple + 1 fennel + 8-10 leaves of kale + 3-4 radish(pungent) + ½ a lemon
– 2 cups of strawberries + 1 cup cranberries + 1 pomegranate
– 1 oz (1 shot) of wheatgrass juice + a squeeze of lemon juice
– ¼ of a pineapple + 1 cucumber + 2 capsicums (yellow/red) + ½ a bunch of watercress + ½ lemon
– 2 green apples + 6 ribs of celery + a bunch of spinach + a bunch of parsley + ¼ of a lemon
– 1 cucumber + 2 medium-sized beetroots + 3 sticks lemongrass + ½ lemon
Additionally, here is a list of foods you need to avoid in order to prevent future asthma attacks:
– Sodium and monosodium glutamate (they can increase the constriction of the bronchial tubes that the histamine causes)
– Citrus fruits
– Animal products like eggs, cow milk, dairy, meat ( beef, pork, mutton, chicken and fish)
– Alcohol and soft drinks
– Vegetable oil like corn, sunflower, safflower
Note: Even though citrus fruits should be avoided, lemons and lemon juice are considered beneficial for this condition. Lemon juice actually owes its anti-asthmatic property to vitamin C and unlike other citrus fruits, it has an alkalizing effect.