Chemicals hide everywhere in your home; you might think that something as innocent as running your dishwasher would do not harm, but the truth is it does!
Chlorine, alkyl phenoxy ethanols (APEs), dichloromethane (DCM), diethanolamine (DEA), dioxane, phosphates, sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate, and synthetic fragrances are chemicals often found in dish soaps. The chemicals in dishwashing soap are poisonous and cancerous, they can contribute to genetic problems like and asthma, as well as cause skin irritation.
Ten days before Christmas in 2008, an 18-month-old toddler from Queensland suffered horrible injuries when he swallowed highly poisonous dishwasher detergent. The detergent burnt away his epiglottis and left the toddler with medical problems to deal with for the rest of his life. So if this stuff does that when ingested directly imagine what it could do when ingested indirectly after washing your dishes!
How do I make my own?
3 Cups Washing soda
1 ½ Cups Baking Soda
1 ½ Cups Citric Acid
¾ Cup Kosher Salt
¾ Cup White Vinegar
30 Drops Essential oil of choice
Ice Cube Tray
Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Gradually add the vinegar, a small amount at a time. Mix in the essential oil and pack the mixture into an ice cube tray. Set the trays into a sunny spot and let them dry for 24 hours.