KFC Serves Customer Deep-Fried Towel‏

ImageProxy

People always joke about fast food meat – especially deep-fried fast food meat – maybe not being from the animal it claims to be. And while we’re pretty sure that KFC generally does indeed serve up actual chicken, one family in England ended up buying a Colonel’s Original Recipe hand towel.The crispy breading might be the best part of a plate of fried chicken, but that’s all one customer received recently when her order at a KFC restaurant included a piece that was completely devoid of chicken and contained only a small blue hand towel.




According to The Daily Mail, Krystal Henderson says she recently went to a KFC unit in Newcastle, England, with her stepson. When he bit into one of his boneless fried chicken pieces, however, he found it was hard. When they looked at the mysterious chicken finger, it was blue inside and they initially thought the chicken had just gone bad. Upon further investigation, however, they discovered that it was a hand towel.

“Realizing it was blue roll was worse than chicken,” Henderson said. “If it was bad chicken they might have just had a bad batch or something, but the blue roll could have been used for anything – it could have bleach or disinfectant on it.”

KFC apologized after an investigation and offered Henderson a free meal and a refund. According to the company, the towel likely fell from a tissue roll into the breading and went unnoticed by the cook.

“We’re very sorry for Ms Henderson’s experience and apologized to her immediately, as well as giving her a refund at the time of the incident,” a KFC spokesperson said. “We take food quality and hygiene very seriously and unfortunately, on this extremely rare occasion, our restaurant failed to meet the high standards that both we and our customers expect.”

0b044b8e69b8a0e8b51b23897d937f86




‘I didn’t know where the blue roll had been because it was screwed up.

‘Had someone wiped their hands on it, had it been used to wipe the floor?

‘To give that to a child, I felt so guilty even though it wasn’t my fault. For a child to bite into that is horrendous.

‘When he bit into it, it was rock hard. He pulled it out of his mouth and when he did, it pulled away the batter – you could see the blue roll inside.

‘If you bite into something that awful you are just taken back.’

Ms Henderon bought the meal from the Killingworth branch of KFC on Tyne and Wear as a takeaway to eat at home.

But as Oliver went to tuck into one of the four boneless pieces of chicken – bought for £1.99 – he noticed something was amiss.

After realising what it was inside, Ms Henderson returned to the restaurant but was simply told to call customer support.

‘I was traumatised by it – I was really upset,’ she said. ‘I went back into the store crying and they said I had to call customer service.

‘I had to keep ringing them and keep following it up. It felt like I had to do all the work when it was their mistake.

‘I work full time and I’m a mother. I just don’t have the time to keep chasing them up and ringing around.

‘After what has happened, I shouldn’t have to.’

She said the incident has put her and Oliver off KFC for life.

‘Oliver is only 7 but he knows exactly what was going on and he doesn’t want to go to KFC again,’ she said.

‘He didn’t eat anything for the rest of the week. He completely lost his appetite.
‘He wasn’t unwell or grumpy, just lost his appetite.’

Following an investigation, KFC apologised and offered her a free meal.

A letter to Ms Henderson read: ‘The blue tissue has most likely originated from a tissue roll used for KFC hygiene purposes.

‘The store assume it must have fallen unseen into the breading lug that is under the sieve and was not noticed by the cook.’

A spokesperson for the franchise that operates KFC in Killingworth said: ‘We’re very sorry for Ms Henderson’s experience and apologised to her immediately, as well as giving her a refund at the time of the incident.

‘We take food quality and hygiene very seriously and unfortunately, on this extremely rare occasion, our restaurant failed to meet the high standards that both we and our customers expect.

‘We have retrained staff on our stringent food preparation procedures at this store to ensure this doesn’t happen again.’

Source:

thedailymeal.com

dailymail.co.uk



From Around the Web