These evasive maneuvers are usually performed by someone trying to escape a bee or mosquito. Not only are the latter irritating, but in some areas, they pose a real health threat because they carry diseases. Mosquito repellents usually work to mask your scent. This is because mosquitoes smell their food — they can smell carbon dioxide from more than 150 feet away.
We all love summers with its good weather and great sun light. However, one of the biggest nuisance in the summers are mosquitos that swarm our homes in hundreds. Using anti-bug vaporisers or mosquito zappers is not a practical solution considering every room needs one. However, there is a very easy mosquito trap that you can make at home with household items.
Homemade mosquito trap
Things You Will Need:
1 cup of water
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1 gram of yeast
1 2-liter bottle
1. Cut the plastic bottle in half.
2. Mix brown sugar with hot water. Let cool. When cold, pour in the bottom half of the bottle.
3. Add the yeast. No need to mix. It creates carbon dioxide, which attracts mosquitoes.
4. Place the funnel part, upside down, into the other half of the bottle, taping them together if desired.
5. Wrap the bottle with something black, leaving the top uncovered, and place it outside in an area away from your normal gathering area. (Mosquitoes are also drawn to the color black.)
Change the solution every 2 weeks for continuous control.
Instead of masking your scent, lure mosquitoes away by making your own carbon dioxide trap with vinegar and baking soda.
1.Wash out an empty 2-liter soda bottle. Let it dry.
2.Cut the bottle in half. Set aside the top of the bottle.
3.Put 1/4 cup of baking soda into the bottom of the bottle.
4.Invert the top of the bottle so that it looks like a funnel. Place this over the bottom of the bottle. Secure it with tape.
5.Pour 1 cup of vinegar into the bottle. When it hits the baking soda, it will bubble and release carbon dioxide. This will attract mosquitoes, which will enter the funnel and get trapped in the bottom section of the bottle.
Things You Will Need:
Empty 2-liter soda bottle
1/4 cup baking soda
1 cup vinegar
Replace the baking soda and vinegar each time you use the trap for best results.
Apart from that, you’re good to go. So watch the video below and find out how you can kill thousands of mosquitoes per night and keep your garden and home mosquito free!
www.wikihow.com / www.instructables.com