Healthy Teenager Dies Suddenly After Mixing McDonald’s and Energy Drink

A healthy 16-year-old boy with no pre-existing heart conditions died after drinking a large Mountain Dew, a McDonald’s latte and an energy drink in the space of two hours.

Davis Cripe, from South Carolina, died when his heart fell out of rhythm at Spring Hill High School on April 26,2017

Coroner Gary Watts confirmed that he was healthy at the time of his death and it was caused by drinking too much caffeine in the two hours before.

Davis’ dad Sean Cripe said to WLTX:

Davis was a great kid, and being his parent was a great honor to Heidi [his mother] and me.

I stand before you as a brokenhearted father and hope that something good can come from this.

Parents, please, talk to your kids about the dangers of these energy drinks.

And teenagers and students, please stop buying them. There’s no reason to consume them they can be very dangerous.

Coroner Watts said:

This is what’s dangerous about this – you can have five people line up and all of them do the exact same thing with him that day, drink more, and it may not have any type of effect on them at all.

It’s not something that just because you drink one drink or three drinks is necessarily going to have this effect on.

The daily recommended caffeine limit for a healthy adult is 400mg per day which amounts to around four cups of coffee or 10 cans of fizzy soda, according to the Mayo Clinic.

Assuming that Davis drank a large latte and energy drink in addition to the large Mountain Dew, he would have ingested about 434mg of caffeine, which is scarily only 34mg more than the recommended limit.

Take care with caffeine, it is a very addictive drug that has been normalized in society.

Source:

UNLAID



From Around the Web