Our main source is US News and World Report hence the title. Several have asked me if this is a satire piece. Like all my pieces I write- it is factual and very real. I am honored Health Nut News has been quoted by some mainstream news sources now on this piece.
29 “holistic doctors/ naturopaths ” found lying in the garden” and some staggering doubled over in pain, some in a “life threatening” state of poisoning from “psychedelic drug 2C-E or Aquarust “. They were all in attendance at an “alt med” Homeopathic Health Conference. Doctors and practitioners (those who could speak) allegedly said they didn’t knowingly take anything they took that would cause this. Some were hallucinating and some still too sick to be questioned and hospitalized.
UPDATE: We appreciate Independent UK and major top news sites now listing us as a source and reference. Some things are being lost in translation. The woman who allegedly let the naturopaths rent out her space also does dance instruction so some are posting comments this was a dance party – false! ( FYI: translating articles from German to English on google- you lose things- hence the reason why I had now THREE actual German translators do it for me) It was not a dance party. Also the woman who allegedly said she saw them using tincture or cream and or applying something to their skin, but we have NO idea if A) if there really was anything harmful in these tinctures B) if there was and that was the method of how they became ill- who put it there.
15 ambulances along with a helicopter were sent in to help the holistic doctors and naturopaths at the homeopathic conference. Some found with “life threatening conditions” mainstream news reports.
Depending on the news sources these practitioners are called alt med/ holistic doctors or naturopaths, but one thing is clear: the articles state that experts at the scene said it didn’t appear they knowingly ingested what made them ill. Some were extremely ill when the 15 ambulances and helicopter flew in to the rescue.
from the Independent UK (who initially put their headline – we have screen shots- that “homeopaths get high on drugs” to something much more subtle that reads that chaos ensues at the conference (that sounds a bit more accurate)
Torsten Passie, a member of the German government’s expert commission for narcotics, told NDR: “It must have been a multiple overdose. That does not support the view that the people concerned took the hallucinogen knowingly.
“One has to assume that people were not told about the substance, its effects and risks before taking it.”
Police are reportedly looking into possibilities including the drug being taken as a joint experiment, or it being furtively given to conference participants as a prank.
No arrests have yet been made as the investigation continues into a possible violation of Germany’s Narcotics Act.
I’m studying up on the drug in question, and here is a brief description. “2C-E is a psychedelic phenethylamine of the 2C family. It was first synthesized by Alexander Shulgin. It is commonly active in the 10–20 mg range, taken orally or nasally and highly dose-sensitive”
From the another article
The psychedelic drug 2C-E or Aquarust was banned in Germany last year. It has an euphoric effect and, like Ecstasy and Speed, belongs to the group of synthetically-produced amphetamines.
Delusions, cramps, Life Threatening Conditions
Some 160 rescue personnel in 15 ambulances and a helicopter converged on Handeloh on Friday afternoon and rushed the 29 to various clinics in the Hamburg area.
The patients, aged between 24 and 56, were found suffering from delusions, breathing problems, racing hearts and cramps, some in life-threatening conditions, according to the public broadcaster NDR.
The news magazine “Der Spiegel” described those affected as alternative and homeopathic practitioners. NDR said doctors were also among the seminar group and suggested that participants might have taken part in a drug experiment. (Health Nut News note: There are mixed reports as the fire service spokesperson says the practitioners didn’t knowingly take the drugs, yet there seems to be an investigation (some reports say) where they’re suspecting they did (educated doctors taking drugs that put some in a life threatening state)
Fire service spokesman Mathias Köhlbrandt told NDR that he had never experienced such as situation.
“Men and women lay with cramps in the garden and in front of the building,” he said, adding they did not seem to have knowingly taken a drug.
Some were suffering delusions and even psychoses, NDR reported. Some patients were administered sedatives en route to hospital, said the emergency response physician who headed the rescue operation, Dr. Kai Rathjen.
From the second more tame article:
Authorities say emergency workers called to a conference center in northern Germany found some 30 practitioners staggering and suffering from cramps, apparently as a result of amphetamine poisoning.
Fire service spokesman Matthias Koehlbrandt told broadcaster NDR the group was aged between 25 and 55. NDR reported they were alternative and homeopathic practitioners, and that they were taken to the hospital.
Authorities said their preliminary finding was that the group was poisoned with amphetamines, but Koehlbrandt said they didn’t knowingly take the substance.
In the wake of my unintentional series on holistic doctors dying, I had several people send this to me the last few days. I admit I scanned it, but only today saw the severity of the story. Again, the ones who could talk allegedy say the didn’t knowingly ingest anything that would cause them to become deathly ill. (poisoned) A criminal investigation is underway according to at least one news source.