Pharmaceutical companies are being exposed left and right, of their vile practices that include selling medications that continue to keep us sick. For those of you who are up to date on Big Pharma, you know that pharmaceutical companies are making billions of dollars off of sick people, and have no interest in seeing people recover from the detrimental illnesses they suffer from. The “Truth About Cancer,” documentary series, does an incredible job of explaining the eye-opening, ugly truth behind prescription drugs.
So who can we trust, if not the drugs that are meant to be helping us? Ah, Mother Nature of course. For every ailment, disease or mental suffering, Mother Nature can help.
Essential oils are highly concentrated oils that are derived from plants, flowers, herbs, fruits, and other gifts from the Earth. They are widely used for health wellness, aromatherapy, cosmetic desires, and deep spiritual awareness.
While there are over 90 essential oils to choose from, I have listed 10 that I personally use.
Lavender– Perhaps one of my favourites. You can apply it directly to the forehead, chest, temples, or the bottom of your feet. It is also great to drink in lemon water or add to your bath tub. I also use it in my face wash and moisterizer.
- Reduces anxiety and stress
- Heals burns and wounds
- Improves sleep
- Restores skin complexion and reduces acne
- Slows aging with powerful antioxidants
- Improves eczema and psoriasis
- Alleviates joint pain
- Has been linked to reversing diabetes
Lemon: I use this oil in my lemon water, in my cleaning products, hand soap, toothpaste, and as a breath freshener.
- Cleansing and Purification(cleaning products)
- Oral health(breath freshener)
- Digestion(lemon water)
- Remedy for abdominal colic pain
- Cough relief
- Calms stomach and relieves nausea
- Nourishes the skin(cleanser)
- Promotes Weight loss(lemon water is a natural aid for weight loss)
Peppermint: Perhaps one of the most versatile. I have used this oil on friends and family who suffer from migraines, and muscle pain; now its all they use.
- Muscle pain relief
- Sinus infections(after inhaling this, there is immediate relief)
- Freshens bad breath(another good one to freshen breath or add to toothpaste)
- Relieves headaches and migraines(apply to temples, forehead and back of neck)
- Anti-itch(mix with lavender oil and apply to itch)
- Natural bug repellent
- Contributes to hair growth and fullness
- Sunburn relief
- Teething(mix with coconut oil and apply to baby’s gums)
- Fever reducer
- ADHD support(improves concentration and alertness)
- Has been shown to aid in cancer treatment, click here for more information
- Relieves stress
- Aids in Meditation
- Crazy good for anti-aging and wrinkles
- Reduces the appearance of scars and stretch marks
- Helps boost the immune system
Oregano: This is one you MUST dilute before using. It is a great anti-bacterial agent and fights infections effectively. I have used it to get rid of skin tags, just don’t forget to dilute!
- Fungal infections(ie. athlete’s foot)
- Arthritis pain
- Candida (yeast infections)
Cinnamon: A really awesome oil that has helped my family members with diabetes.
- Blood sugar regulation (diabetes)
- Brain function (helps with memory loss)
- Heart health
- Blood circulation
- Menstruation pain and cramping
- Improves the health of the colon
- Can help be a natural birth control( it naturally delays menstruation after child birth)
Helichrysum: A pricey, yet very effective oil. Family members of mine have used it for liver health.
- Skin inflammation
- Wound healing
- Indigestion and acid reflux
- Liver diseases
- Gallbladder disorders
Tea Tree: I use this oil for ingrown hairs and it works marvellously.
- Acne (tea tree oil was used in the famous acne cleanser, proactiv)
- Bacterial infections
- Cold sores
- Congestion and respiratory tract infections
- Fungal infections (especially candida, jock itch, athlete’s foot and toenail fungus)
- Halitosis (bad breath)
- Head lice
- Ingrown hairs
Chamomile: This oil comes in handy when I’m having one of those days.
- Relives anxiety and depression (decreases irritability, over-thinking, anxiety and worry)
- Muscle spasm treatment
- Natural anti-dandruff agent
- Moisterizes and softens hair
- Aids in kidney and urinary tract infections
Sandalwood: Another personal favorite. I use this oil everyday for mental clarity.
- Relaxing and calming
- Mental clarity
- Memory booster
- Natural aphrodisiac (always fun)
The uses for essential oils are endless, and I have only mentioned a handful compared to what’s out there. Research on the effects of essential oils, is continuing to be conducted and so far, the results are promising.
“There’s an oil for that.”- Every person who has benefited from the use of essential oils
(Due to the high concentration of the oils, I recommend using coconut oil to dilute the oil when applied to the skin, in case of a potential allergic reaction. Its also important to research how to use the oils before using them.)