You shouldn’t ignore inflammation. Researchers have linked it to numerous chronic diseases including cancer, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, stroke and heart disease. The good thing is you can fight inflammation and pain by eating anti-inflammatory foods.
The herbs below are also alkaline, which means they will reduce acidity in the body.
1. Soursop: Soursop has potent anti-inflammatory properties that can benefit people with joint pain, arthritis and gout. This fruit also has anti-cancer properties and its leaves can parasitic infections, hypertension and stomach ailments
2. Tila tea: This tea can be helpful to people who suffer frequent headaches. Drinking it can also reduce pain caused by arthritis, gout, and other inflammatory conditions. It’s worth noting that tila tea reduces blood pressure and reduces swelling caused by arthritis.
3. Sarsaparilla: It contains compounds that reduce body aches. It can also alleviate pain for arthritis and gout sufferers. You can even use it to treat sore muscles.
4. Bladderwrack: If you want to reduce pain, irritation or swelling caused by arthritis or gout, bladderwrack will help. It’s also said that this herb can treat obesity, thyroid problems and improve circulation.
5. Burdock tea: This tea can fight inflammation because it contains Inulin, a type of fiber that removes toxins and inflammation in the gut. It can help prevent diarrhea and intestinal problems.
6. Blue vervain: It has potent anti-inflammatory properties that relief pain in people with arthritis, and gout. In fact, this herb can reduce pain in men with kidney stones.
7. Prickly pear: This fruit has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that eliminate inflammation in gout and arthritis sufferers. Note that it can also be applied topically to fight inflammation.
8. Sage: People who suffer from gastrointestinal and respiratory inflammation can benefit from drinking sage tea. Sage can also lower blood pressure and reduce inflammation in arthritis patients.
9. Bay leaves: These leaves contain phytonutrients with potent anti-inflammatory properties. In fact, bay leaves can reduce inflammation in the entire body.
10. Burro bananas: These bananas can reduce inflammation, pain and swelling due to strong anti-inflammatory properties. People who suffer from arthritis can benefit from eating them every day.
It’s worth noting that sesame oil can also reduce inflammation in people with gout and arthritis.